YR Club Of The Year!
The Brooklyn Young Republicans have had a huge impact on the local political landscape working with the Brooklyn GOP and our elected officials to build and strengthen the Republican party in Brooklyn - and this past weekend at the NY State Young Republican Convention in Albany, they were honored as Young Republican Club of the Year!
“What a year 2011 was!” said Russell Gallo, Brooklyn Young Republicans’ President. “In less than a year, we’ve not only revived our organization, we made history by working with the Kings County GOP to elect Congressman Bob Turner and we’ve established a corps of volunteers ready to go for 2012. And in 2012, we've gotten off to a great start with another shocking upset in future State Senator David Storobin!”
“The resurgence of a functioning Young Republicans organization played a significant role in the County’s recent success,” said Craig Eaton, Chairman of the Kings County Republican Committee. “Their energy has revitalized and reinforced what we wanted to accomplish this year and has built momentum for what we all want to accomplish in 2012 – the election of a Republican President, the re-election of State Senator Marty Golden, Congressman Bob Turner, Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis and Congressman Michael Grimm and the continued growth of the Republican Party in Brooklyn.”
In addition to Bob Turner’s big victory, several young Republicans have earned individual recognition and have earned key roles in Republican leadership in the county and in New York State:
• Effective January of 2012, Gene Berardelli will serve as Law Chairman for the Brooklyn GOP. Among his many tasks, he will advise Chairman Eaton on all legal matters (including the current pending legal matters surrounding the 27th Senate Special Election), coordinate candidate petitioning and assist candidates in navigating the legal pitfalls of running for office.
• Mike Tracey, an active Young Republican and a lieutenant in the NY Army National Guard, joined Congressman Bob Turner’s District Office as a legislative staff member after volunteering full-time for his campaign.
• Congressman Bob Turner appointed Russell Gallo and Gene Berardelli to his Service Academy Candidate Selection Committee. Recently, they met with and interviewed young people seeking appointment ro the United States Military Academy (USMA) in West Point, New York, the United States Naval Academy (USNA) in Annapolis, Maryland, the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and the United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) in Kings Point, New York.
• Russell Gallo, a Sergeant First Class in the NY Army National Guard, was selected to lead those assembled at Congressman Turner’s ceremonial swearing-in ceremony in the Pledge of Allegiance.
• Diana Sepulveda was elected Vice-Chair of the New York State Young Republicans.
“All in all, 2011 was a good year to be a Young Republican in Brooklyn,” said Gallo. “And 2012 is setting up to be bigger. We’re ready for additional wins in Brooklyn from the top of the ticket down. Game on!”
Chairman Eaton said "I am proud of this great organization, and it is a breath of fresh air to work with young professionals who not only work hard to help the County organization but also provide new ideas and approaches to the challenges that we face on a daily basis."
|< Prev||Next >|